Toyota unleashed Wednesday its version of Marty McFly’s dream truck based on a 2016 Toyota Tacoma for one particular day only. The truck added a special paint scheme and … wait, one particular day only?
The trucks went on show Oct. 21 in Los Angeles, New York and Dallas just before presumably bursting into flames.
At least Toyota detailed how it built the 1985-esque truck for the one day we’ll ever get to see the truck.
Here’s what it took to make the “4×4″ feasible:
- Custom 1985 Toyota Truck Exterior Paint
- Off-road Suspension
- Toyota Racing Improvement (TRD) Wheels
- BFGoodrich Tires
- Custom front and rear Tubular Bumpers
- Custom Light Bar
- KC HiLites Gravity LED G46
- KC HiLites Daylighter Gravity LED
- Custom “D-4S” Fuel Injection Badging
- Custom Tailgate with Iconic “TOYOTA” Logo
- Custom Vintage Headlight and Taillight Design and style
- Mud Flaps 1985 Toyota Truck
All of which sound legit, except for the D-4S Fuel Injection badging due to the fact the Toyota 22R engine in the 1985 truck wasn’t really all that advanced — it only had fuel injection for the 1st time in 1985.
(As a matter of reality, I consider they revved to like 4,000 rpm just before giving up, really.)